Everything You Should Know About travertine Tiles Melbourne
Travertine tiles and stone has been used in architecture for centuries and it is recognizable in some of the most famous structures in the world.
Travertine is often applied as beautifully polished tiles for floors, walls or as facades.
If you are thinking of using travertine stone tiles Melbourne in your home, you need to know about them before you buy them.
The travertine tiles of different sizes and colours varied with four different main finishes can, in fact, be a useful option for all types of rooms in your home.
The additional advantage of travertine tiles, having chipped and aged edge. As the travertine tiles are resistant to extreme temperatures, it would be an excellent choice for your kitchen.
While the travertine tiles natural non-slip surface is an additional reason that makes travertine a good choice for your bathrooms.
According to your needs, tiles come in several forms as well. Since the travertine is also easy to cut and mould.
Travertine tiles are also very popular among people who need something more durable, as well as elegant tiles with a different look and feel.
Applications of the travertine tiles:
The ability of the travertine tile to stay cool, If you find the direct gaze of the sun, it makes the perfect stone for outdoor and wet areas, such as patio areas by the pool and outdoor.
Travertine tiles, have unfilled with edges. With the external and internal uses, and also offer the best appearance. The travertine tile is one of the most popular styles, with contemporary designers looking to achieve a timeless charm.
Why you should use the travertine in the home?
Travertine is a natural stone and it complements many styles and home decoration.
Travertine is an affordable option over marble, and it maintains its own exclusive and luxurious appeal.
It varies in colours, in the beige tones to reddish brown and even gold.
The travertine tiles are incredibly durable and are respectful of the environment, which adds great value to your home.
Travertine tiles generally come in different finishes:
- Clean with acid: Go through an acid washing process. Depending on the type of depth you wish to achieve, the acid finish can vary from a superficial cleaning of the stone to a more defined resistance.
- Stone sharpening: This stone has been ground to a flat, smooth, and consistent surface. With the natural shine such as marble and granite, the enamel or gloss is removed leaving a matte surface.
- Sharpening: This finish has imperfections with the polished finish made on the top.
- Polishing: To create a finish, the natural, hard surface of the stone is milled to a smooth.
- Brushing: This finish is about creating a rough look.
- Falls: The stone in its natural state, which offers an old look and can be used to beautify outdoor areas. Such as patio areas, decorative exterior walls, garden paths, and terraces around your pool.
As per the quality of the travertine tiles has so many applications and you should use as per your requirement you can use them all.